Monday, November 06, 2006

the things you miss

I have become accustom to missing out on vital information since being in Taiwan.
Grandfather sick: get told after the fact
This guy gets his house: parents tell me 4 months later (luckily I'm smart and found out when it happened)
Sister gets engaged: okay, I found out the day that happened, but regardless I had no clue her relationship was at that point yet and I haven't even met the guy yet, I mean really.

So I'm sure over the past 3 years there has been more but I can't remember...the point is, the real kicker in all this? I get an email this morning from my best friend who casually informs me that her sister is going to have her baby next week...like what the fuck? She's pregnant??!!! Keep in mind, my best friends sister is also a very good friend of mine. She's pregnant??!! How could I have missed that? How could someone somewhere not told me that??

On the positive side, I just talked to my mother. She claims she didn't know either which is dumb because hello, you live in the same town as these people. It's not that big of a town!! Realistically, she should have been pregnant when I was home last February but I had no clue and I'm sure I didn't just forget this. Man, I feel so out of the loop sometimes.

No comments: