Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I have to start writing down the cool things my kids say. Twice today I remember laughing out loud and now I don't remember why.

Today has been a crazy day. We are in the midst of writing essays and practicing for a speech and writing competition that my company is holding. Let me tell you, it's a lot of work. Normally, as NST's (native speaking teachers) we only have to edit and proof-read essays that the kids have written and then our co-teachers have pretty well re-written. That was last year.

My Treehouse class (kids that went through the whole Kindergarten experience go onto a special English class because usually their English is too advanced to go into the language school) they have finally reached the age where they can enter this contest. So here I've been organizing, re-writing, editing, proofing, typing, practicing...everything that is involved in this process has fallen onto me. Yes, I'm tired (mostly because as I write this, I'm waiting for another essay I have to proof over email from my language school) but tonight we had our first real practice, and while yes, they don't really know their entire speech, I really think they could do well. It makes me proud to see them trying their hardest and this is just when we are sitting on the floor going over pronunciation. All this work is worth it seeing my kids having so much fun learning a freaking speech that they have to say in front of God-knows how many people.

The competition is next Saturday...I hope they do a great job, I really believe they will. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: