Monday, November 27, 2006

food, food and more food.

So the greatest thing about living in a country where food is such an important part of the culture is that you get to try so many different things. After a nice dinner on Saturday and a great evening, we went out again last night. For Barbeque.(if you are new to this space and unaware of how things work, click on barbeque and you'll be taken to where you can find backstory or information. Look out for this in my posts, I do it often) Jacqui, Tom and I have been there before but no one else had. We had wandered in there on the pub crawl on Saturday (no, it's not a pub, just a restaurant which sold beer) so we made a reservation for Sunday. You would have thought it was Thanksgiving in America the amount of food we were eating this weekend.

Normally, two terrific meals in one weekend does not occur, but oh man I'm glad it did. It was nice to go with foreigners and not all co-workers. Don't get me wrong, I love my Taiwanese friends, but they really do have different food tastes. We were able to order off of an English menu rather than having them order for us (of course, Piper did order a couple of things off the Chinese menu that weren't on the English one, but really, only one of two things) It made a big difference to what we were eating and how much we enjoyed it. I mean, we always get Fish Jaws when we go with people from work, and personally, not too fond of fish jaws thanks. This way, we actually knew what everything was and we were not afraid to try it.

Last night we discovered the greatness of beef, beef and more beef (it was really good, we kept ordering it) We didn't have fish jaws but we did try the Frog. The Frog was really good and honestly I think the strangest part of it was the fact that it was my suggestion. We even had cows tongue and it was really good...cut nice and thin and no weird skin with tastes buds involved.

No comments: