Sunday, November 26, 2006

seafood buf-fet

I was woken up by one of my students calling for a telephone test. I forgot the questions at school so now I'm going to have 4 more people calling me this morning. Since I'm hanging around having to tell all these kids what a big freak I am (instead of just not answering my phone, I'm nice like that) I am going to share my dinner from last night with you.











1) lobster (was covered in mayo though)
2) Sashimi!!!!
3) rice with shrimp on top
4) shrimp (this was amazing too)
5)fish meatballs, a little scary with the eyes looking at you, but really good!
6) scallops (see below for more info) Nice radish flower hey!
7) Johnny's vegetarian thing
8) Crab
9) lamb soup

It was soooo good. 10 courses of just amazing food. Well, most of it. Some was a little mysterious (sea cucumber) but everything was tried. Even the scallops with the mayonnaise baked on them (there is an obsession with putting mayonnaise on the seafood here. I love my mayo, but even I think it's a little gross. Could be due to the fact that it's not even the good mayo) with the mayo scraped off, the scallops were really good!
Favourite, the sashimi...I knew it would be and I was right. Even if I felt really bad after because one of the chefs went to get a fish, dropped it on the floor and proceeded to kick it into the kitchen. Then put a towel over it to stop it from moving. It was better than the sashimi we had at the last place, so even better. The lamb soup was really good too but I'm still a little confused how it's considered seafood.

Pub crawl after was great. The one drink max at each place was good, we were allowed road beers so it made up for it.

4 comments:

katloveshats said...

I tried to send you a message, but I think I lost it or you will have two of them. The food there is crazy! What are you going to do when you get home. Club sandwiches and jalapeno poppers wont look as exciting to you anymore tee hee. We are working on your video. Fisher sang in it yesterday. "when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...." My kids are almost as freaky as you and Jules...almost. We love you and miss you.
Kathy

katloveshats said...

Tobi Auntie,
The food looks gross but you are not disgusting Tobi, only the food.
mackenzie fisher mommy daddy

Tobi said...

yes, those jalepeno poppers aren't nearly as fancy are they.

and gee thanks Mo, I'm glad it's just the food!

megan said...

Hiya Tobi,

Realise I've been a bit incommunicado the past 12 months!!! No excuses wrapped up in reasons for this apart from me not accessing my hotmail much.
So good to reminisce (this thing doesn't have spell check so I'm in trouble) about Taiwan. Especially the food!

So, big news from me.....Jay and I got engaged in September, which is a long time ago and I feel right rude for not telling you sooner.
I've only just managed to choose an engagement ring (yes, he was smart and didn't choose it for me!!!!), but managed to find a dress. Anyway, plan is to get hitched (so romantic) in Dec next year. So, if you're hanging around the Pacific still let me know! Oh yes, and no babies soon. Just make that clear :)

I'm woring with a project management company atthe moment that manages contracts for aid donors in the Pacific (Fiji, PNG, Samoa etc). Go to www.jtai.com.au It's got a fabulous team who are in the Christmas spirit right now having a few early celebratory drinks!! My kind of team! As good as this is, I've just applied for a new job. Can't keep a this girl interested for long.

Blair is heading my way in Jan so will be great to catch up with him and hang out. Hear about all that he is getting up to in Japan. You'll have to go see him there! He did mention that he was heading your way too. Better make a booking at your frog and cow tongue restaurant....

Anyway, it's great to finally get off my arse and get in contact again. I miss you and the crew we had over there, very special time and very fond memories. Will promise to send you comments!!

lotsa love Megs