Saturday, December 30, 2006

it's happening

I decided last night in my class that I have been in Taiwan too long. Well, okay, maybe it has nothing to do with being in Taiwan actually, probably more of being a teacher for too long having to teach the way American's sound. I said "zee" last night instead of "zed" without a second thought and it felt comfortable.

Well, there must have been a second though however because I am writing about it today. But it felt so natural to say "zee" and I never, ever thought I would be a "zee" person. I think I need to get back to my Canadian "zed" roots. I take comfort in the fact that it is only my "zee" and "zed's" that this is happening too. I still have to make an effort to write without "u's" in most of my words: colour, favourite, honour. I always feel the need to explain the fact that I don't actually spell words that way. It is scary what I think about when I am teaching.

No comments: