Tuesday, December 12, 2006

the farm

So we went off to the farm today for our field trip. Let me just tell you again how excited I was...I WAS VERY BLOODY EXCITED! I had all my kids excited about seeing the cows. We left late because one of the kids mom thought it was tomorrow. I said we should leave without him (probably could have too because he wouldn't go anywhere near any animals) but we waited.

It took an hour, one of my kids threw up. Almost on me, but luckily being the greatest auntie in the world has prepared me to move fast when a kid is going to throw up. I won't go into details but needless to say, I wasn't feeling so hot after that.

So we made it to the farm, oh yeah, I was crazy excited and the first thing we got to do was this...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I even had to give Jac a lesson on milking, my skill was definately up to par and I think I impressed the guy that was running the whole thing (the farmer!) One of my HRT's wouldn't even go near it, so I got to help all the kids...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After that we went to where we got to feed the cows.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, the cows were cool, but the highlight, the coolest thing was seeing these....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was a great day, even with the hour long trip there and the hour long trip back and the kid throwing up (amazingly we had no such incidents on the way back...after the kids had eaten)
It really made me miss the farm and realize how much I appreciate growing up there and how glad I am to start all my cool stories, "back on the farm..."
Oh and I think I'm a bit of a goat snob. These goats were cool (mostly because they were goats) but my goats were a lot cuter, and they didn't have horns.

1 comment:

katloveshats said...

cool pics!!! I am so envious of you to milk and see the goats. I showed Mackenzie the pictures and she said "GOATS!! But they have horns and yours don't" I trained her right, tee hee. Glad that you had a great time. Love, kathy