Wednesday, January 03, 2007

oh January

well, Monday was spent in my pj's for most of the day. My motivation came to get dressed when my landlord knocked on my door. (like what??!! Who comes over on New Years Day!?!?) Of course, it was too late by that time to do anything about it so in he came with me still in my pj's and hangover hair and when he was gone, then I decided to actually get "up". You know, just in case some other person randomly comes knocking on my door.

I was thinking that I should make resolutions this year. I never make resolutions because I am not one for commitment and, well, truth be told it's probably more because I have no willpower either. Unless it's lent, I rock in lent. This year might be different. So far my giving up alcohol seems to be working, however it works after every weekend until the next one comes along. Healthy eating? well I still contend that it's impossible to do in Taiwan, espcecially when one works stupid hours and eats out all the time (it is seriously cheaper, I'm not lying) But I can resolve to get at least non-fried food. So it means no dumplings (boohoo) but I haven't actually been eating them lately anyway.

I think my biggest resolution is going to have to be to start packing. Can that be a resolution? I have to get a move on it if I am really leaving here in September. I can't imagine how I am going to get everything home. I am trying to convince myself that I'm not sending much of it back, but then I still have to find something to do with what I don't take. Hmmm...maybe it's not going to be such a great resolution after all. I might have to rethink this whole resolution thing and just forget about it like I do every other year. That actually sounds like the best resolution of all.

No comments: