Monday, January 08, 2007

oh the horror of the ducks

Last night we went for Duck Hot Pot. Not being a fan of duck since all I can ever see when I see it is the farm and them sitting on the counter waiting for them to be plucked with the tweezers...by me, I don't often eat it (if ever). I have to say though, it was really good. But I ate a heart.

It is quite a milestone for me since I rarely try weird food here in Taiwan. (By weird I mean: chicken feet, pig's intestines, duck blood, pig's blood, I think you get the picture) While I have had stinky tofu that's the last strange "Taiwanese" thing I have eaten, and for good reason (think dog poo). So back to the heart.

While it didn't really have any distinctly odd taste, all I could think of was Sunday school. They used to always tell us that Jesus lived in our hearts and when I was little I took this quite literally. All I could think about while I was eating the heart was that I was eating some poor little duck's Jesus. It was disturbing to say the least and I stopped at one.

1 comment:

katloveshats said...

You are truly a freak and I am proud that you are my sister. Now think that you have a little more of Jesus in you, tee hee.
kathy