Saturday, March 17, 2007

with wine, doors watch out

Last Saturday was suppose to be a quiet night. T&J and I were going to head to Taipei for something to eat but the box o' wine got in the way. This is not the first time this has happened. We had just enough that we decided to invent our own drink when the box became empty...uh, never, ever mix brandy and vodka.

We decided we wanted to go dancing but J's clothes (and yes, her hair straightener too...okay, so sometimes we like to be girly, It just doesn't happen very often and dancing requires girly-ness) were in their closet, which just happened to have locked itself from the inside. I didn't ask how this could have happened, but regardless the door was locked.

It was decided then that locks don't matter, hinges do. Take it off the hinges, I said. Yes, I said it, it was my idea. It was my idea for them to take the hinges out and then pry their door out with a screwdriver and put big dents in their door frame. It worked though, I am a genius, but all I could think of was why didn't I think of that when I was locked in my bathroom.

1 comment:

katloveshats said...

Your blog looks neat - shocked me a bit at first - but I will get used to it. You should be in Cranbrook - it is exciting here. The Ice are in the playoffs and they start next weekend. Did you listen to the game the other night??We are decorating our house with Ice stuff and signs. I know you are thinking I am a big looser.... but I am just being a good mom and doing it for the kids. GO Tigers....ooops I mean Ice. Just kidding. tee hee. Love you,
Kathy